Step-by-Step Guide for Registering a Domain
*Anyone who wishes to register / request a domain must first register your account with LK Domain Registry.
- Visit www.domains.lk and type your domain name in the search box given and click the ‘Search’ button.
- If your domain is available, you will get a screen with the available names and prices.
- Choose the preferred Domain Name and click ‘Add’. If you add 2 second level domains with the main domain, it will automatically selected as CAT 1. Please refer Domain Pricing Structure.
- Type the Reason for selecting the said domain and nature of contents of the web.; common reason includes the name of the company or abbreviations, name of the product or abbreviations.
- You can add more domains in the single order.
However, please note that Orders which have more than one domain would initially be processed with one REGISTRANT, ADMIN, TECHNICAL, BILLING and ORGANIZATION details. If necessary, you could update the correct details of REGISTRANT, TECHNICAL, BILLING, via My Domains.
- Then you could either PROCEED (if you have already logged in) or LOGIN and CONTINUE.
NOTE: The ORGANISATION should be your customer’s Company/ Institute/ Organization, if you are requesting the domain on behalf of a customer and the REGISTRANT should be the contact person from the given ORGANISATION.
Please refer LK Domain Registry Domain Registration Policy and Procedure for registering a domain name in .lk
Once you submitted your domain request, an automated email will be delivered to your ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT email address. Click the given link (to accept) to confirm your domain request. (Note: This email may have gone to your JUNK / SPAM folder).
- Once you confirm your request, we carefully read your domain request and contact you through email in case of any issues with the requested domain, to get more information, or may ask for some documents if necessary.
- If your request is approved by the Registry, you will get an email with the payment options and details. This will generally be done within ONE WORKING day after you submit your request.
- After identifying your payment (For a domain which is approved by the Registry), domain will be queued for registration. It may take up to 24 hours to activate your domain (provided that you have configured the server details with your domain).